Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE)
CARE is a California State funded program designed to recruit and assist single parent recipients of CalWORKs. CARE provides support services and/or grant funds to assist single parents with academic support and financial assistance. All students who participate in the CARE program are both EOPS & CARE participants.
Who qualifies for CARE?
In addition, to meeting all EOPS eligibility requirements, CARE students must also:
- Receive cash aid assistance for themselves and/or their dependent(s)
- Have single parents status with a child/dependent 18 years of age or younger
What services are offered through the CARE Program?
- Academic & Personal Counseling
- Career Advising
- Referrals to county resources
- Meal Vouchers for on-campus dining
- Gas Cards
- Semesterly Parking Permit
- CARE Grant
- CARE Book Voucher
- CARE Study Sessions--with childcare & tutoring services provided.
- Workshops designed with the single parent in mind
- Backpacks with school supplies
How can I apply?
Come to our office during the next application period. Please remember to bring your picture ID.
Once accepted, you must attend a mandatory EOPS/CARE Orientation following your approval into the program.